The Wellness Assessment is included in your membership and you should schedule your assessment at the time you join or shortly thereafter. The assessment enables you to work with an exercise specialist to determine where you are on your wellness journey. During the assessment, your height and weight, blood pressure, strength, flexibility, cardiovascular endurance, balance, hip/waist and body fat will be measured. This provides an invaluable baseline from which to work on enhancing your personal fitness level and improving your health. With the assessment and your health history and goals, we’ll work with you to create a plan and you will be scheduled for an equipment orientation so that you can become familiar and comfortable with the cardio and strength equipment offered at PWC. Members are welcome to schedule a yearly free assessment and track their progress.
BEFORE THE ASSESSMENT
Your results on the assessment can be affected by your immediate sleeping, eating and exercise actions. To avoid invalid test results, make sure you follow these pre-assessment instructions:
- Wear comfortable shorts, t-shirt and athletic shoes. Avoid wearing leggings or a one piece top because they can make it difficult to obtain accurate circumference or other body composition measurements.
- Drink plenty of fluids over the 24-hour period preceding the assessment.
- Abstain from food, tobacco, alcohol and caffeine for 3 hours prior to the test.
- Avoid exercise or vigorous physical exercise the day of the assessment. It is best if the assessment is the first exercise you perform on assessment day.
- Get an adequate amount of sleep the night before the test.
- Notify us (540-445-5398) if you have recently been ill. The assessment ma need to be rescheduled.