Proper nutrition is an important component of a healthy lifestyle and plays a significant role in your life. Related services at Powell Wellness Center include nutrition counseling with an Integrative Dietitian Nutritionist, metabolic testing through BodyGem, and A1C testing of blood glucose levels.
Nutrition education and counseling
Many health challenges are lifestyle related, preventable, and within our control. Health professionals often use these terms, but what do these terms mean in real life? They mean that the way we live every day — how we choose to eat, drink, think breathe, play, related to others, and handle stress — will affect our health. Integrative Dietitian Nutritionist Jena Savadsky Griffith will explore concerns specific to you and your body and help you discover the tools you need for a lifetime of good health.
Jena can help you navigate the world of contradictory nutrition advice to determine what works best for you. Partnering with Jena to attain your nutrition goals includes:
- Finding diet and lifestyle shifts that work best for you only — bio-individuality
- Taking into consideration all aspects of health; not just calories, weight and nutrients, but sleep, activity, relationships, work, stress and more
- Learning about new foods and how you can easily incorporate them
- Making small changes gradually
- Setting and accomplishing goals in a way that is empowering and inspiring
- Working to achieve and maintain your ideal weight
- Understanding and reducing your cravings
- Increasing your energy levels
- Allowing you to feel good in your body
To set up a consultation with Jena, please contact her at email@example.com
PWC is pleased to offer metabolic testing, called BodyGem, which measures resting metabolic rate. Until recently, there was no convenient way to measure your metabolism. Now, with the BodyGem device, you can easily and quickly learn your metabolic rate with a simple breath test that PWC wellness professionals can administer in 10 minutes or less. Contact PWC Front Desk at 540-445-5406 to schedule an appointment for BodyGem testing ($30 fee).
A1C Testing and Diabetes Education
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, almost 18.8 million people in the United States have been diagnosed with diabetes. An estimated 79 million people have prediabetes with blood glucose levels in the prediabetic range. Because of these statistics, diabetes care and education is important. We offer A1C testing to determine your diabetes risk. Check our calendar of events for programs related to diabetes or call the PWC Front Desk at 540-445-5406 to schedule an appointment for an A1C test ($25 fee).