We’re pleased to support Water Safety Month! Water safety is a core feature of our American Red Cross Learn to Swim Program that serves all ages, with lesson sessions year-round.
If you know a young artist, invite them to enter our water safety coloring contest! The registration form and coloring sheet are available at PWC’s front desk. You may also download and print the registration form and coloring sheet (pdf). Please return both to the front desk by June 1.
All drawings will be displayed in PWC in June, and the winner will have their artwork incorporated into the PWC swim lessons brochure! Plus, Culpeper’s Pepperberries and Lollipop Station have donated some wonderful prizes!
Want to check your water safety smarts? See how many of the following tips you follow!
- Always swim with a buddy
- Wear a life jacket while boating
- Swim in designated areas supervised by lifeguards
- Install and use barriers to prevent access if you have a pool or hot tub
- Actively supervise children whenever around water
- Stay within arm’s reach of young children
- Reach or throw aid to distressed swimmers
- Keep toys not in use away from the pool and out of sight