Reopening Day for members is Saturday, June 6!
We have been planning for this day for weeks and are very much looking forward to seeing you!
Our guiding rule for reopening is to protect the safety of our members and staff. To do that, we are following the guidelines and recommendations of public health officials and the CDC. In addition, over the past several weeks, we have consulted with experts and administrators of fitness centers around the country to determine best practices for reopening.
We’re following these precautions to support member and staff safety when we reopen:
· We’ll be conducting member and employee temperature and COVID-19 symptom screenings prior to facility entry.
· All employees will wear masks.
· Individuals entering the facilities should wear a mask except when exercising. Disposable masks for members will be available upon request.
· Both facilities will be diligently sanitized on an ongoing basis, with a temporary daily closure at noon of up to one hour for sanitization.
· Signage throughout the facilities will highlight physical distancing and other safety protocols.
· Separate entry and exit points to and from the facilities will assist with physical distancing.
Center capacity and program participant numbers will follow CDC occupancy guidelines that support physical distancing.
Hours of operation:
PWC: 8 am – 7 pm Monday-Friday, 8 am – 3 pm Saturday and Sunday.
These hours will apply to the pool also. (The hot tub, steam room and sauna will not be available in accordance with current health and safety guidelines.)
CSF: 8 am – 8 pm Monday – Friday, 8 am – noon Saturday and Sunday.
Kids’ Corner childcare:
Reopening Monday, June 8 with morning hours of 8 am – noon at both centers.
PWC Kids’ Corner will be open Monday-Saturday, 8 am – noon.
CSF Kids’ Corner will be open Monday-Thursday 8 am – noon, Saturday 8-11 am.
Members must pre-register for a one hour block of childcare in person, by calling the front desk or membership or reserving through their member account. During this reopening phase, Kids’ Corner can accommodate 6 children in the playroom. Diaper changes will not be available until further notice. If your child requires a swing or play seat, please bring them in their car seat as our equipment will be limited during this phase of reopening.
Classes: Indoor classes will begin June 8. PWC class schedule (please note that after delivery of this member communication a third Retro Aerobics class was added on Thursdays at 9 am) | CSF class schedule
You may pre-register for indoor classes by calling 540-445-5398 or by logging into your member account on each site’s home page. Drop ins will be possible if space allows. Aquatic exercise classes and swim lessons will begin at a later date. Online classes will continue.
Use of fitness area and PWC pool: No preregistration needed. No pool equipment will be available and members are welcome to bring their own.
Personal training: Personal training is available individually, in a small group or online. If interested, please contact fitness manager Patrice Barklund, 540-445-5395.
Nutrition services: PWC’s integrative dietitian nutritionist Jena Savadsky Griffith is currently offering consultations on Zoom online. To set up an appointment, please contact the membership desk at 540-445-5398 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership dues: June membership dues will be reduced by any credit on your account related to our closure on March 16, 2020. Regular billing will resume July 1. If you have questions, please contact our membership desk at email@example.com or 540-445-5398.
For safety and health reasons, some of our services and amenities must be adjusted during the early weeks of reopening.
- Available restrooms will be identified. Lockers, showers and changing areas will be available on a limited basis. Please bring any toiletries you may need; no community toiletries will be available.
- The café, seating and Pro Shop area at PWC will be open with limited seating.
- Water fountains and towel service will not be available.
- Operations will be paperless. Members may charge to their account and receipts will be emailed.
Going forward, as our plans and procedures require adjusting in response to CDC and state guidelines, we’ll continue to share any changes with you via email. Do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.
We look forward to working together to ensure that your return to our centers is smooth and enjoyable. Rest assured we are eager to welcome you back and to continue supporting your fitness journey!